Cornwall is one of the most ideal holiday destinations in the UK. And I try to say that without bias, can assure you. I was not born there, that is for sure.
It has almost anything you can ask for in a holiday location:
- it’s warm most of the time
- The weather is dependable
- It has beaches with temperate waters
- There is a lot of beautiful scenery
- Lots of history to see
- Plenty of family entertainment
- Great places to eat
- And a lot more
If you are looking for a comfortable and affordable way to find accommodation in such an idyllic place, then holiday cottages are the way to go.
Holiday Cottages in Cornwall
When you rent something like a holiday cottage, you have the freedom to do what you want, eat in if you like, and of course you don’t have the noisy neighbours issue.. And in many hotels, with poor insulation, that is a major issue in my opinion.
You also do not have to eat in the hotel, so you can save money as well. What a great combination if I do say so myself.
What are you looking for in a cottage?
The first thing you need to know is what you are looking for in your holiday accommodation.
You could be coming away on a romantic getaway, with friends or with the whole family. And all of these things determine what size and facilities you might be looking for.
So for example you will need to consider:
- how many rooms you need.
- is the accommodation child friendly (safeguards, stairs, cots etc)
- or is it elderly friendly (stairs, bathrooms etc)
All of these things need to be considered and asked before you book anything, because once you get there it is very much too late. In a hotel, they will have many of these things as standard, but not in a rental.
Child Friendly Areas
When you bring along the kids there are a lot of things you need to consider too. You need to keep them entertained and fed.
So for example:
- Do you have easy access to shops and facilities
- Are there play areas around
- Are there child friendly activities in the area
- Are there child friendly restaurants
- Can you bring your pets along (often great for the kids)
Romantic breaks are another thing altogether. You will be wanting completely different facilities and have different requirements for your time away.
Some of the things you might look and ask for are:
- A place with a romantic charm
- An isolated location so you can enjoy the peace
- A little bit of class and luxury in the facilities
- Romantic restaurants in the area
Young Friends Getaway
On the other hand, if you are a group of young friends out for a bit of partying or a great weekend away, you will want to check some other things on the list.
The kinds of things you are looking for include:
- Plenty of rooms so you all get privacy
- Lots of space to cook and entertain
- Plenty of bars in the area
- Enough outdoor space to entertain if the weather allows
- Perhaps a little distance from the neighbours so you can party all night
There are loads of options when it comes to holiday cottages, but you need to do a little bit of research and planning ahead of time to ensure you break is the best it can be.
If you take the above into account, it will certainly take you down the right path for the perfect getaway in Cornwall.